Last Updated: Jun 18, 2018
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are used to personalize your experience when using a website and to maintain the integrity of your browsing activities. An HTTP cookie (usually just called a cookie) is a simple computer file made of text. A cookie is sent in conjunction with a response to a request that you make to our server. The browser reads this cookie, as well as the rest of the response. The cookie itself is our server asking the browser to remember the data until later. As long as the browser continues to store the cookie, it will send it back with every request to the originating server.
3. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DOES JOBMEDIA USE?
There are two types of cookies used on the Websites and Services, namely “persistent cookies” and “session cookies”. Session cookies will normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies will remain on your device after you close your browser, and can be used again the next time you access the Platform.
4. OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
The Websites and Services may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons, tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users, and click id to track conversions against campaigns. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
- to enable, facilitate, and streamline the functioning of the Websites and Services across different webpages and browser sessions;
- to simplify your access to and use of the Websites and Services and make it more seamless;
- to monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Websites and Services, so that we can improve and optimize it;
- to protect your account, through techniques such as Cross Site Request Forgery protection; and
- to show you content that is more relevant to you.
6. HOW CAN YOU DISABLE COOKIES?
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Websites or Services.
7. WILL JOBMEDIA EVER CHANGE THIS POLICY?
We are constantly trying to improve our Websites and Services, so we may amend or update this Cookies Policy from time to time. We will alert you to material changes by either placing a notice on our Websites and/or by sending you an email (if you have registered your e-mail details with us) when we are required to do so. You can see when this Cookies Policy was last updated by checking the date at the top of this page. You are responsible for periodically reviewing this Cookies Policy.